Skip to main content

Join us at Laurier

Becoming a Golden Hawk means more than just cheering on our (really good) varsity teams – it means being a student who cares about your community, who works hard in the classroom, and who takes advantage of all the learning opportunities that can happen outside the classroom, too.

You’re ready to apply to Laurier – that’s great! Most applicants must apply online through the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC), but there are some situations where you may follow an alternative application process. See "Other Application Procedures" below to see if that applies to you.

If you have any questions about your application, we want to help. Email us at

Apply Online through OUAC

Once you have picked your program, apply to Laurier online using the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC). On a single application form, you can apply for admission to three programs at Ontario universities. If you have any questions about using the OUAC application system, contact OUAC directly.

Ontario High School Applicants

If you currently study at an Ontario high school, apply using the 101 application. You need your unique PIN number from your high school guidance office to apply.

All Other Applicants

If you do not currently attend an Ontario high school, you apply using the 105 application. This includes mature applicants, transfer applicants, applicants from other Canadian high schools, international students, and any other type of applicant.

If there were any periods of time that you were not enrolled in postsecondary studies since completing high school, you must complete the "List of Activities" section as part of your OUAC application.

Apply to the LEAF Program

The Laurier English and Academic Foundation (LEAF) program is an academic English program offered at our Brantford campus. Completing the LEAF program is one way to meet our English-proficiency requirement.

You must submit a minimum score on an English-language test to be admitted to the LEAF program.

If you are eligible for your academic program, but do not meet our English-proficiency requirement, you will receive a conditional offer of admission with a condition to submit evidence of your English proficiency. One of the options for meeting this requirement is to completion of the LEAF program.

How to Apply

  • Apply using the Laurier LEAF application. You must select your academic program and apply for the term that you want to begin your LEAF program studies.
  • Apply to an academic program using the appropriate OUAC application. Once you receive a conditional offer of admission, you may accept your offer and register in the LEAF program using your applicant portal.

Other Application Procedures

Part-Time Studies

Applicants Applying to Laurier Only

Laurier's part-time application form is for applicants who wish to study part-time and who are only applying to Laurier. Use Laurier's part-time application form if you:

  • Qualify for consideration under the mature student admissions policy.
  • Want to enrol in academic courses for professional upgrading or personal interest.
  • Are a senior citizen or current Laurier staff member.
  • Want to audit courses (take courses without credit).
  • Just want to study PT rather than FT.

Applicants Applying to Laurier and Other Universities

If you are applying to more than one university, you should apply as normal through the Ontario Universities' Application Centre (OUAC) using the 105 application. You can indicate on your application that you are applying for part-time studies.

Using OUAC to Apply

For either application method, you will be required to create an OUAC account (if you do not already have one). You may have only one OUAC account and can recover an old account through OUAC if necessary. If you have questions about your account or the application process, send your inquiries directly to OUAC.

Auditing Courses

Apply to Laurier for unclassified studies.

After you are admitted to the university, you must get permission from the faculty to audit courses. You can contact Service Laurier for help with this process.

Returning Laurier Students

Request for Re-Registration

You will need to request re-registration if you had a lapse in registration at the university for 18 months or greater or if you attended another postsecondary institution since your last registration at Laurier.

Students Required to Withdraw from Laurier

If you were required to withdraw from Laurier, you can request readmission 12 months after the date you were required to withdraw. Readmission is at the discretion of the faculty and is not guaranteed. Academic upgrading is required.

Lazaridis School of Business and Economics students are not eligible for readmission. You can apply to be readmitted to another program at the university.

The Strategies for Academic Success (SAS) program is available for any student that has been required to withdraw as a method for readmission to Laurier.

Visiting Laurier Students

Cross-Registration (University of Waterloo Students)

University of Waterloo students are able to take courses at Laurier through cross-registration. Follow the instructions on Laurier’s Enrolment Services: Cross-Registration with UW webpage.

Letter of Permission

You can request to enrol in Laurier courses to count towards a degree that is being taken at another university by obtaining a Letter of Permission from your institution. Follow the instructions on Laurier’s Enrolment Services: Visiting Students webpage.

Contact Us:

Recruitment and Admissions

T: 519.884.0710 x3385
F: 519.884.0618


We see you are accessing our website on IE8. We recommend you view in Chrome, Safari, Firefox or IE9+ instead.