Apply Your Learning
Make the most out of your university career by taking advantage of all that Laurier has to offer you. Volunteer work, campus clubs, leadership programs, studying abroad, work experience – there are so many ways you can extend your classroom experience into the real world.
Here are just a few examples of the experiences you’ll get in the Biology program:
- Participate in hands-on lab sessions, field trips, tutorials and seminars as part of your coursework.
- Choose to complete one or more field courses as part of your program; approximately 30 are offered each year through the Ontario Universities’ Program in Field Biology.
- Get hired as a research assistant to and participate in research with faculty in the lab and/or the field.
- Build a capstone experience through an honours thesis or directed studies based on research by a faculty mentor.
- Learn state-of-the-science technical and analytical methods in the lab and field - approximately half of the courses we offer include labs that explore these!
- Be hired as an instructional assistant to work in a teaching lab, or as a work-study student, in your third and/or fourth year.
Check out the Biology Experience Guide.