Apply Your Learning
Make the most out of your university career by taking advantage of all that Laurier has to offer you. Volunteer work, campus clubs, leadership programs, studying abroad, work experience – there are so many ways you can extend your classroom experience into the real world.
Here are just a few examples of the experiences you’ll have access to in the Biochemistry and Biotechnology program:
- Apply to live in the Faculty of Science Residence Living Learning Community in your first year.
- Apply for co-op at the end of your first year to gain real-world experience before you graduate.
- Participate in hands-on lab sessions, tutorials and seminars as part of your coursework.
- Add a Research or Instructional Assistantship to your resume and work closely with your peers and Chemistry & Biochemistry professors.
- Apply for an NSERC or Faculty of Science Undergraduate Student Research Assistantship (USRA), the Directed Studies course, and/or the Honours Thesis Research course for the opportunity to do research in an area taht interests you.
- Attend the Southern Ontario Undergraduate Student Chemistry Conference (SOUSCC) or the Canadian Society for Chemistry (CSC) Conference.
- Take science entrepreneurship courses and explore the Science Maker Lab for additional hands-on learning experiences.
Check out the Biochemistry and Biotechnology Experience and Career Guide.