The entrance bursary application deadline is April 27, 2022.
You can apply for an entrance bursary if you:
- Are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident; and
- Have never attended a post-secondary institution before Laurier.
You'll receive half of the entrance bursary amount in the fall term and the remaining half in the winter term. The funds will be applied to your tuition and fees invoice directly. To receive your entrance bursary, you must be enrolled as a full-time student.
How to Apply
Applications opened on December 1, 2021.
- Go to the LORIS website.
- Log in using your Laurier Network Login username and temporary password. Your username is your @mylaurier.ca email address. You will find your password in the confirmation of application email we sent you; please check your email.
- Your temporary password is preset to your date of birth in the format MMDDYYYY. You'll need to change your password and add secret questions the first time you log in.
- If you experience issues logging into LORIS using your Laurier Network username, complete the password change request form to change your Laurier username account password.
- Once you are logged in, select the "Student Awards and Financial Aid" tab and then click on "Student Awards Applications."
- You will be prompted to select an aid year and period, which should default to the year you are applying for. Click "Continue."
- Next, you will be prompted to select an application. The entrance bursary application should be the only application you have in your selection list. Click "Continue."
- The next page will ask you to confirm starting the application. Click "Continue."
- You can now begin the process of filling out the entrance bursary application. Follow the steps online and ensure each step is marked "complete."
- Once you have completed all sections, click "Submit application."
Note: If you leave the application screen, you can use the "View My Applications" link on the "Student Awards and Financial Aid" tab to return to the application.