Headlines (Campus Updates)
Laurierís new intranet has launched!
Laurierís faculty and staff intranet has officially launched with its first three departments. All other university departments will migrate to the intranet before Oct. 31. Departmental content on the legacy site will be removed as each department joins the intranet.
The intranet Ė designed to meet your unique needs and in response to your feedback Ė will be a significant resource for you to find and share the news and information that you need in your roles, and to engage and collaborate with your colleagues.
Please take a few moments today to get to know your intranet, and to see the results of our intranet naming competition!
- Sign on to the intranet from anywhere with an Internet connection. You will be asked to log in using your Laurier network login credentials.
- Read the welcome message from Dr. Blouw.
- Explore the features and benefits of the intranet and find answers to frequently asked questions.
- Familiarize yourself with the services offered by the three departments that have content on the intranet today: External Relations (including University Community Relations and Communications, Public Affairs and Marketing), Information Communication Technologies, and Human Resources.
- Visit the May-to-October migration schedule to see when remaining departments and faculties will migrate their content to the intranet and delete content from legacy.
The intranet represents the final phase of Laurierís web renewal project, which will include the complete decommissioning of legacy.wlu.ca on Oct. 31. A proposed schedule for the migration has been created to guide the planning process. Since we canít ask people to update two sites, as content from each department moves to the intranet, the old information posted on legacy will be decommissioned.
As departments migrate to the intranet and more features are rolled out, the intranet will become a more robust, online environment for Laurier faculty and staff to find information and collaborate to a greater degree. Information for our external audiences will remain on wlu.ca and information for students on students.wlu.ca.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or comments.