Updated: Dec. 18, 2020
Keeping Our Community Safe
As we follow our recovery process, we will continue to monitor the progression of the pandemic and will adjust our approach as necessary to maintain health and safety of our community.
Employees who have been approved to resume on-campus activities will receive detailed information from their supervisors, including more information on employee health and safety measures.
The following protocols have been put in place to help keep our community safe.
Laurier COVID-19 Safety Protocols
- Symptom-Free: Anyone experiencing COVID-19 symptoms is not be permitted to attend campus. Self-assessment and self-isolation protocols will be enforced.
- Physical Distancing: A physical distancing protocol of 2 metres (6 feet) separation will be enforced within Laurier facilities.
- Protective Equipment/Masks: To reduce the risk of transmission, Laurier’s face-covering policy dictates that anyone on campus must wear an approved face covering in all indoor common areas such as hallways, lobbies, lounges or elevators, in classrooms and laboratories.
- Hygiene: Individuals must wash hands often using proper washing or sanitizing techniques.
- Group Gatherings: Group gatherings such as meetings and events should continue to take place virtually. Where required, gathering sizes must align with the govenment's limits for organized public events and gatherings.
- Case Management: Anyone with one or more symptoms of COVID-19 must remain at home, and follow the symptom reporting and self-isolation procedures. Contact tracing and notification for confirmed cases will be conducted by Public Health in consultation and collaboration with the university.
- Support and Accommodation: Community health and wellbeing will be prioritized, and efforts will be made to support and accommodate our community through enhanced safety protocols, flexible scheduling, working and learning from home when possible, or other more specialized accommodations.
- Cleaning: Enhanced cleaning protocols including cleaning and disinfecting all touch points (e.g. doors, elevators, stair rails, washrooms, etc.) for those areas that are occupied. Hand sanitizer units will be provided in common areas, classrooms and office areas. Disinfectant sprays with paper towels will be available in washrooms to encourage additional cleaning measures by individuals using the space.
- Signage and Communications: Signage will be posted in highly visible locations to promote everyday protective measures and to help maintain physical distancing.
- Ventilation and Air Quality: Ventilation systems will be monitored to ensure they are operating properly and effectively. If an exposure site is reported, the area identified will be closed off immediately with signage indicating the area is closed off.
- Classrooms: Measures will be taken to promote physical distancing in classrooms through signage and using physical barriers (i.e. to indicate which seats are not available). Classrooms will have marked entrances and exits, and classes will take place on the first floor of buildings when possible to limit the need to use stairwells and elevators.
Experiencing COVID-19 Symptoms?
If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, have been referred for testing or advised to self-isolate, have travelled from out of country within the last 14 days, or have had close physical contact with someone who has symptoms of COVID-19 please follow the appropriate protocol:
You are also encouraged to visit the COVID-19 in Ontario website for information on self-assessment, finding a testing location and the COVID Alert mobile app.
Health and Wellness Resources
Laurier Student Wellness Centres
The Student Wellness Centres
are operating by appointment only.
Local Health Agencies